Sunday, April 3, 2011

Isn't that odd?

So I went to public records today and found my parent's obituary and the article on their car crash. I read through once. It was... really nasty. Their car flipped a bunch before going off into a ravine. Both were battered beyond recognition, but were identified by other characteristics (dental, finger prints, etc.)

I also ended up going to the man who was our families' lawyer to ask him for a copy of the will (since I've never really looked at it before.) Thankfully my appearance hasn't really changed so he recognized me right away. He seemed very surprised to see me. He said he and most people who knew my family thought I was dead.

He then told me about something in the will I had neglected to claim.

When I turned 20 I was to claim a key to a lock box my father kept. He told me it probably contained some money or something so I took the key and thanked him for his time.

Since I had time before sundown I headed over and opened it up. The only things inside were a couple pressed flowers, some money, and another key.

Well... yeah... at least I got that I guess?

Tomorrow I'm going to check out our property. Far as I know my sister didn't sell it and no one's living there.

I guess... I've been putting it off. I really don't want to go back there. There's too many memories. Too many things that have been left behind that I didn't want to stir up till now... But I have to. Eventually I'll have to face it and I'm so tired of putting this all off and trying to cover it up.

Well, I'll keep you guys posted tomorrow. Until then I'll be watching Pokemon and relaxing.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment